10.15.2006

the "kilometres goes to New York" collection

Kilometres writes: ... Anyway, then there was this card. Behold its glory! The Statue of Liberty has now been re-outfitted with a state of the art suit of armor to protect America from future terrorist attacks. Please also take note of the computer coloured green hand, not holding the Book of Justice, but a Sword of Vengence. Yep, times they are a changin' here in New York. As a final note, please also notice the lack of rebirth on the front pictures, unless you count the new incarnation of Lady Liberty as rebirth...but whatever. I had to mail this within Canada, I was afraid "they" could come after me.

Kilometres uses this postcard to rave about the superb elevators at the Marriott, the hotel he stayed at while in the Big Apple. Having never been to New York, I have never experienced “speed glass,” but it sounds like it’s worth the trip to New York just to check it out! TO NEW YORK!

PS - I love how the "fun" up the photos of boring old buildings with crazy rainbow colours. So chic!

4 Comments:

Blogger chelle said...

i'm in denial that that top postcard exists. yet it's america so it seems so obvious. it hurts.

10/16/2006 6:49 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the top postcard. I surprised that more people haven't heard about the re-outfitting of Lady Liberty as she takes on her new role of Lady Vengence.

And rainbows make everything more fun!!

p.s. When do we leave to New York? I'm excited that we are going.

10/19/2006 11:22 a.m.  
Blogger bag marla said...

How's tomorrow? I could really use a break...

10/20/2006 8:36 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

So I missed that we were going to New York about two weeks back. Was it fabulous? I assume it was. I still can't believe you went without me.

11/01/2006 8:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home