9.01.2006

I'm hot...

...or at least I look good. Allow me to explain:

So there’s this group of seniors who play cards at my centre a couple times a week. I don’t really ever talk to them, but every time I walk by I wave, say hello, and give them a big smile. They explode with happiness every time, and it’s great, it totally makes my day to know that just saying hi to them makes them so happy.

So today I passed one of them in the hall today and I smiled and said hi, as usual. Then, out of nowhere he grabs my arm and kind of spins me around so that I’m facing him and he starts telling me how good I look. It was so strange, but so entertaining...I just could not stop laughing. It was like holding this little secret inside him was killing him, so he finally decided he needed to let it out.

One of my favourite parts of the whole encounter was that every time he said I looked good he squeezed my arm (and let me tell you there was a lot of arm squeezing going on). The other part I truly enjoyed was that he closed by saying: “and I’m 91 years old, so I know what good looks like!” I mean, really, how can I argue with that? I just can’t. It was brilliant!

Dear, sweet seniors, how you make my day…

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Do they bestow this "what good looks like" secret upon you when you reach 91? I think this guy should be sharing more often his wealth of knowledge! Tell the world old man, tell the world!

9/03/2006 11:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home