10.15.2006

the "Engrish" collection

These beauties came to me from Chelle and X-tina (except for the spoons…that one was from one of Mo’s friends…it was my first ever Engrish postcard). Thanks for thinking of me during your time in Japan you two! You’re the bestest!

What’s best about these cards is that you really don’t have to say much about them…I like to just sit back and enjoy their random nonsensical goodness while pondering what in the world people were trying to communicate. Dear, sweet Japan…so much goodness!



X-tina writes: Is this to congratulate someone on their new baby? Or is it for someone who just got a dog? And if it’s for the latter, why are you sending a postcard of a dog that may not look like the one your friend purchased? (Only one dog to choose from.) There are too many questions surround this card and I have too little space to write them all down. Have a great day, no matter what dog…or baby I am congratulating you on.

The Engrish on the front of this one is pretty good, but as Chaz noted, it’s the Engrish on the back that takes the cake. Chelle writes: “Well I know that’s the obvious without even being said, but I’m sure you like to be reminded now and then.” Gold!

4 Comments:

Blogger chelle said...

dear sweet 100 yen store, you were filled with so much goodness...

10/16/2006 6:47 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for temporarily losing your english while in Japan chelle.

And how great is that card with the bear? I approve a lot. I need that card to send to people at random. That card reminds me of me.

10/19/2006 11:19 a.m.  
Blogger bag marla said...

You did send the bear one to me, X-tina.
I'm considering burning it now that I know you sent it to everyone you know.

Thanks for nothing!

10/20/2006 8:33 a.m.  
Blogger bag marla said...

It's true...I would have bought 4 packages and sent the same postcard to everyone I know (which, in case you don't want to do the math, is apparently 8 people) so I can't really judge.

11/03/2006 8:09 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home