4.02.2008

oh so very disappointed...

That's not what I wanted the title of this post to be, but that's what it is because that's how I feel. We just got back from seeing the loft for the first time. I feel pretty stupid, actually, because I'm not sure how we convinced ourselves that it was going to be big enough (I blame the show room and the floor plan for being very misleading, but I know it's totally our fault for being silly). It's so small, in fact, that Charles and I are both kind of embarrassed to have any of you see it because I don't think you will be able to see it without wondering what we were thinking. And that feels pretty crappy. I think my quote that sums it all up is: "I wouldn't rent a place this small, how did we just buy one?" But, there you have it. It's ours and I'm determined to make the best of it. Just don't expect any house parties, as I'm not sure where we'd put more than 5 people. Le sigh.

8 Comments:

Blogger chelle said...

lucky for you i just happened to watch exactly 2 hours of daytime tv last week, and in that two hours i saw a clip about a family of four who lives in a 900sq feet apartment in downtown toronto, on purpose. i totally have ideas, and plans, and you will totally make it work and it will be fabulous :P

oh and, if it makes you want to sell and move home faster, well that's cool too ;)

4/02/2008 12:37 p.m.  
Blogger bag marla said...

Well I'm very excited to hear your ideas! I'm thinking we might have to hire an interior designer and/or get some things custom made--we are going to make the most of the little space we have, damnit. Thank goodness we saved up lots of extra money because of the delay--we're going to need to pretty much get all new furniture.

Oh loft, what an adventure you've been.

4/02/2008 8:52 p.m.  
Blogger Rach said...

Sorry to hear you are disappointed with the place. I (still) can't wait to come see it - I am sure you will make it fabulous!

4/02/2008 10:30 p.m.  
Blogger bag marla said...

Awww...thanks! I researched loft furniture last night and that made me feel a bit better--there's some cool stuff out there that might actually work for us *crosses fingers* It WILL be fabulous!

4/03/2008 7:45 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can I be the interior designer? Please?

This place is going to be amazing, you just don't know it yet. If there are two people who can challenge the traditional way of living it would be (and IS) you two.

I mean really, has anyone ever met someone who likes to plan and problem solve more than Marla? I think once you get into it you're going to surprise yourself with how much creativity this will bring out of you.

*Firmly plants self in the YAY loft camp*

4/04/2008 4:18 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

*begins chanting loudly*

SHOW US THE LOFT! SHOW US THE LOFT!!

4/08/2008 11:13 a.m.  
Blogger Shauna said...

I fully expect you to love it within a few months... Ryan and I are constantly wavering between yahoo! and what-were-we-thinking (it's diagnosed by whether we say "century home" or "old house" when describing what we bought). You are going to also find your emotionally-differentiated ways of describing the loft... I look forward to hearing what they are. And I also look forward to the seeing of it, especially with enough time for you to feel moved-in and more settled.

4/09/2008 12:39 p.m.  
Blogger Ryan said...

Hey just look at this way, when we come to visit, Bru will be even more under foot! Always look on the bright side of life!

Seriously, I'm sure you and Charles will make the space yours...and Miles will make it ridiculous. And we will love it when we come see.

4/11/2008 3:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home