5.21.2007

I'm going to be on TV tomorrow...

...and I'm a little scared (even though it's just Rogers). Please hope that I don't make a fool of myself.

The dude promised it would be painless (can I trust a TV host?) and that I would be talking about the good things young people do, the City's youth services, our recent youth awards, and youth engagement, which are all things I think I can handle, but still. Can I really represent the City on TV? TV, people! TV!

I'm slightly terrified and I really don't want to do this. But, of course, because it's me, the fact that I don't want to do it is why I'm making myself do it. You see, I've noticed that I usually dread things like this because I'm afraid of them, which I realize is a silly reason not to do something, so my new thing is to recognize that, call myself on it, and then force myself to do it so that I'm always pushing myself to grow.

Damn me for valuing reflexivity and self development so much!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just pretend the camera and lights aren't there and just talk to the interviewer about all the great stuff you are doing.
And then look directly into the camera, smile coyly and blow us all a kiss!! Mwahh!
I wish I could see your tv debut. do you think you could post it??
Have fun...

5/22/2007 6:39 a.m.  
Blogger chelle said...

yes! post please! please!

5/22/2007 7:50 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

If I lived nearby I'd call you on it too. Thanks for making me redundant!

Oh, and yay TV! *looks upwards to find the next update*

5/24/2007 10:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home