5.14.2007

I just walked somewhere!

Sure, it was only, like, 2 blocks (if that) and, yeah, it took me about 20 mins, and ok, a senior who wasn't walking very well herself totally passed me, and I'm not going to lie, my knee is pretty tired and sore, BUT I did it sans crutches, so go me!

I really miss walking and feel pretty lazy driving to work, the gym, etc., so I’m happy to report I’m making progress on that front (even though I’m sure it’ll be a few weeks before I can handle walking to work, the gym, or the grocery store).

I finally kind of got the WSIB stuff figured out. I talked to a dude on Friday and, while they haven’t made a final decision, he told me they likely won’t cover my injury (I didn’t really expect them to), so I’ve gone a head and made an appointment at the original clinic I was referred to. I’m going to see a doctor on Thursday, so it’ll be interesting to see what he/she has to say. Here’s hoping that nasty surgery word will be absent from the conversation! Keep your fingers crosses for me!

4 Comments:

Blogger chelle said...

i just say no to surgery! that is all kinds of not fun!

i do, however, say YES! to you updating your blog. nice work.

5/14/2007 1:02 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay recovery! Way to walk two blocks!

5/14/2007 5:44 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We gave you a perfectly good body and you insist on wrecking it over and over and over again. What is a dad supposed to do? Sigh!

5/14/2007 7:03 p.m.  
Blogger chelle said...

tee hee, i love it when papa p joins in on the mocking!

5/14/2007 10:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home