4.30.2007

why do the good ones always move away?

This weekend was a pretty sad one. No, not because I was stuck inside on the couch with a sore knee and sore hands (stupid crutches) when it finally decided to be beautiful and spring-like outside (although that was kind of sucky). No, instead the sadness was because Other Me, Mr. C, and Bru-dog, moved away to PEI on Saturday. I’m still in denial, I’m not going to lie, so it hasn’t quite hit me yet that they are gone. It is starting to sink in though...there was a moment on Sunday where km, Chaz, and I were going out for gelato and I thought, “We should call Other Me and Mr. C, they would totally be down for gelato!” only to then remember they were no longer around. Sigh.

People as good as Other Me and Mr. C don’t come along very often. And, while I’m happy that they will still be in my life, even if only from afar, I am profoundly sad that I won’t be able to hang out with them on a regular basis anymore. They made life so much more fun and rich in all kinds of subtle ways and I loved that they were always up for anything…I keep wondering if there’s some way I can convince them to move back… Double sigh.

So best of luck in PEI, you crazy kids—everyone there is so lucky to have you. Please come back and visit soon…we’ll be out your way as soon as we can.


Here we are with bellies full of all-you-can eat sushi. From left to right: Papa Other Me, Momma Other Me, Mr. C, Chaz, Secret Weapon, Moi and Crutchy McCrutcherson, Other Me, and KM (aka: Chrisopher, Male).

Some mandatory zombie action. I'm not sure what's going on with my face there, but I'm going to blame my knee because that seems like the right thing to do.

Ever the performer, Bru-dog (my most entertaining nephew) decided to “kill” this old racquet (he usually kills a stool, but that had already been packed away, so he had to get creative). Oh how I’m going to miss his crazy Bru-tricks. *sniff*

7 Comments:

Blogger chelle said...

hey i've got a super idea! this summer, during my not-so-impromptu visit to the k/w, we should also do an "impromptu" visit to the land of anne! or maybe that should be two trips... just one might literally be too much goodness for one trip and cause exploding.

4/30/2007 11:44 a.m.  
Blogger bag marla said...

Can we do it without me taking off more than one day of work? Cuz I don't really get time off during the summer...

Oh summer holidays, how I miss the idea of you...

5/02/2007 7:57 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just save up all your overtime like you do. Don't pretend like they're not always telling you to take a day here and there because you work too much! We know you do.

And has Chaz posted the video of Bru attacking the racket yet? If he hasn't he should email it to me so I can post it and watch it every second day. Too funny.

And that knee of your caused a lot of problems! It ruined your zombie face to make you look like you're letting a giant fart go, and made you think it was okay to poke me in the head with crutches. (It wasn't.)

5/05/2007 11:26 p.m.  
Blogger Shauna said...

Awwww... sigh... sniff...
PEI sucks, if only because you guys aren't here with us. Otherwise, it's awesome... but we keep saying how we don't like people here as much, and never will. I can see this being a problem for us over the long term, but for now, we're indulging in self-pity. Tonight we shall play Carcassone and think of you :)

5/06/2007 2:31 p.m.  
Blogger bag marla said...

Yeah, see, I wasn't say I couldn't go because I didn't have the hours banked...I have almost a week banked already, which I will add to during Youth Week for sure (even after I gave 2 days of it away to another employee who needed it!), I won a day off with pay in December for donating to charity, and I'll have two weeks of vacation time buring a hole in my pocket. So, yeah, clearly that's not the problem. The problem is that I'm technically on call every week night of the summer because of the youth drop-in program, so that makes taking time off a little tricky (and really evil for the other Youth Coordinator, because she'll have to pick up all my drop-in sites).

I think Chaz tried to post the Bru video but got denied. I'll ask him to send it to you or try posting it again.

Yeah, that's a total fart face! Had the sushi gas hit already?

I don't think I poked you in the head with my crtuches. That doesn't sound like something I'd do...

5/06/2007 2:31 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

You totally did! You worked up my back and neck and then hit my ears (part of my head I'll point out) and what not.

I'm not saying it wasn't the right thing to do (it clearly was). But I'm pretty sure you did hit the back of my head.

hehe... sushi gas.

Oh, and big hug to Shauna.

5/07/2007 9:37 p.m.  
Blogger Ryan said...

I love Christine's zombie face. It's so wholesome. Same with Mac and CA.

Miss you guys!

5/09/2007 9:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home