3.19.2006

where on earth has March gone?

So things here have been crazy lately (I know I say that all the time, but I'm being serious each and every time)…

I’ve been working full-time for the CEYE, which has been a mixed experience so far. You see, at first I didn’t have enough work and I got a little bored just working on the same thing day in and day out. So I decided it would be a good idea to go to the Toronto office to meet with the boss-lady and get more work. Boy was that ever NOT a good idea…I ended up getting so much work with such tight deadlines that I thought I might die, when I went to T.O. just hoping for some sort of happy medium where I had a bunch of things to do that I could work on in bits and pieces whenever I so chose. That’ll learn me! So I really did try to take everything on, but I ended up breaking under the pressure (I only lasted two days, how sad is that?!) and ended up dropping one of the things on my plate (I still contend that it’s impossible to write a grant proposal that someone would actually fund in less than 5 days, so I think I did the right thing). So now things are good…I have a few things to do, but not too much. My only complaint is that I feel like I’m a student again, what with all the working from home and the library research/paper writing, but there should be enough community development work and direct work with young people that I’ll be happy (I’m helping to facilitate a youth retreat next weekend and I’m dying with excitement!). So, yeah, CEYE and I are friends again. Yay!

In other exciting job-related news, I have my interview with the City this week, FINALLY! I was starting to suffer from “job excitement burn-out” because I’ve been waiting on this job since mid-January, but now that the interview is getting closer I’m starting to get excited again, so that should be helpful in me acing the interview. I want this job more than anything, so please keep your fingers crossed that I get it!! Also, job interview tips would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, I’m so sick of being in front of this computer that I’m going to run away now (to the couch to prepare for my interview, how sad is that?!).

Posse out!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck on the interview this week sis! I'll have my fingers crossed for you even though I know you won't need that to help you.

3/22/2006 5:02 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it too late for the job interview tips ? I love job interviews. Email me if it's still valid.

Heather

3/24/2006 8:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home