3.05.2006

Chaz's birthday, part deux

If you ask me, Chaz’s last birthday was pretty awesome. Not only was there a fantabulous photo scavenger hunt organized in his honour (see previous post), but he and I also spent his whole birthday day just walking around enjoying the sights and sounds of Okayama.

The day started off when I presented Chaz with the best birthday cake ever. I use the term birthday cake rather loosely here, because there was actually very little cake involved. I mean, I really wanted to make Chaz a cake, but given that we had no oven, that ingredients for cakes and treats are disgustingly expensive in Japan, and that I don’t read Japanese (which often makes buying things slightly difficult), I decided that making a cake was just asking a little too much. Lame, I know, but what’s a girl to do? I mean, really. So I decided to get creative and make him a cake out of Pocky, a very popular and delicious snack here in Japan (who knew a cookie stick dipped in chocolate could be so yummy?). To decorate I bought some candles and a little tube of icing from the 100 yen shop…unfortunately the icing didn’t want to come out of the tube, and I couldn’t figure out a way to get the candles to stay on the cake… The result was this little masterpiece…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home