2.12.2006

So we hurried down all 785 steps and made it just in time to start our lesson at KOTOHIRA UDON NOODLE SCHOOL!!!! While everything else was great, this was totally the best part of the day!

First we got some towels to wash our hands (they love those in Japan, you get them everywhere…I actually kind of miss them now that I’m in Canada…I always feel like I’m running around with dirty hands). Next they handed out blocks of Udon dough (is it dough? It’s dough now, I suppose) and we took out our little rolling pins and rolled away. Then we folded our newly flattened and rolled out Udon dough to facilitate the process of cutting it into noodles. Then we put it in our bowls, very proud of our accomplishments. It was pretty fun, but, little did we know, it was only the beginning of our Udon school adventures!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

*amen* I miss good udon like jen misses brad

2/13/2006 11:40 p.m.  
Blogger bag marla said...

i had to think a while to figure out who jen and brad were...the shame!!!

2/14/2006 7:30 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home