11.11.2005

the Eiffel Tower, Japan style

Next we headed over to Tokyo Tower, which, as you can see in the photo, looks just like the Eiffel Tower except for the fact that it is orange and white (apparently this is because of Japanese aviation safety regulations...after we went to Tokyo tower I started to notice how many other things were also orange and white). Tokyo tower is the world's tallest self-supporting tower at 333 m high (eat it, 320 m high Eiffel Tower!). Chaz and I headed up to the special observatory (250 m high) to check out the view and it was pretty fantastic. I don't think I've ever seen so much city in my life. Wow. What I didn't really like so much was that the wind from the typhoon was so strong that we could actually feel the tower swaying back and forth.


5 Comments:

Blogger chelle said...

OMG could x-tina go to the tokyo tower anymore times? seriously, what is that? 12? you've funded a whole new level being added on all by yourself...

11/12/2005 9:05 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's some quality jadedness X-tina! Well done!

And I hereby request larger photos. I can't blow any of these up, and I say that's unfun.

11/17/2005 5:02 p.m.  
Blogger bag marla said...

yeah, i don't know why some will blow up and others won't...anyone know how to fix that???

11/17/2005 7:46 p.m.  
Blogger chelle said...

speaking from recent experiences xtina? sounds like life in japan might be much more exciting than you're letting on...

11/21/2005 2:42 p.m.  
Blogger bag marla said...

christina pulls out the dirty...well done!

11/25/2005 1:03 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home